Giving fierce competition to opponents Xiaomi changed the market and sets the trend for pocket-friendly phones with a price according to features. Xiaomi launched its new phone Redmi Note 9 Pro which is the successor of Xiaomi’s last year launch Redmi Note 8 Pro. Redmi Note 9 Pro comes in different variant and different color options are available.
- Seeing the ergonomic design, it seems that Xiaomi is continuing its legacy.
- The glass back seems premium, but it is more prone to smudge.
- The thin bezel provides a comfortable grip. In front, it has a punch hole camera design.
- In back the camera cut out looks like I phones which offers a premium look and feel to the phone.
- Corning Gorilla 5 protects the front glass the back body is also protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
- Following the trend, despite its big display size of 6.7 inches, the phone is not broad but it is tall in design.
- Due to the 5020 mAh battery, the phone is thick having a thickness of 8.8 mm.
- The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner which is placed on the right side of the phone, which is integrated with the power button the left-handers would face some problem. Left-handers can you their index finger to unlock the phone.
- The 6.7 inches of IPS LCD screen, the screen size is bigger than its potential rival Realme6.
- Due to its resolution of 2400p X 1080p seems enough for reading and watching but while playing games and if you are used to super AMOLED display the display seems dull.
- The display has a brightness intensity of 450nits ( as advertised) it will do fine in outdoor conditions .but somehow the phone lacks the vibrancy of AMOLED display.
Performance and Software
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with a snapdragon 720G processor under the hood.
- The Happiest news for Indian users is that snapdragon 720G supports Indias G.P.S system NavIC, which can deliver a more accurate G.P.S location.
- With intense gaming like PUBG in medium graphics, the phone delivers niggle free experience of snapdragon 720G is optimized chipset for gaming but drops frame in higher graphics lagging issue has been seen.
When it comes to software gone are the days when Xiaomi’s used older android version in phones and used to promise for update now Xiaomi is coming with Android10 and MIUI10 custom UI which is the most polished UI out in the market.
- To fulfill your photography needs, multiple camera lenses have become a need now. Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with 48MP of the main camera.
- 8MP ultra-wide lens for monumental shots.
- 5MP macro lens camera for close objects.
- 2MP depth camera for portrait shots.
The 48MP camera is not active but you can change it in settings.
- The Macro lens delivers good images in good lighting conditions but in low light conditions, there is a loss of detail.
- The 48MP delivers good landscape shot but in indoor conditions the images delivered seems washed out.
- In the front, there is a 16MP that delivers good photos in good light condition but in low light, there is a loss of detail.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Pros and Cons
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Pros
- 5020 mAh big battery for all-day battery life.
- Snapdragon 720G support NavIC for accurate location while using google maps and GPS.
- Sleek design which gives premium feel and looks with minimal bezel easy grip.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Cons
- Loss of detail in the image produced in low light conditions.
- No AMOLED display was available.
- Dull image produced while playing video and during intense gaming.
- No SD card slot available for memory expansion.