Often the Internet is connected to one computer or laptop, and it becomes necessary to share the network with other devices like a smartphone, tablet, or other PC.
Surely you know that you can share your Internet connection in Windows without a router with the help of Ethernet or Wi-Fi. However, it is worth noting that the quality of such an Internet for use on an ongoing basis may not be the best.
Hence, this can depend on the Internet plan that you use.
So, if you need such an option for temporary use, then this will be quite enough. Below you will find tips with which you can quickly turn your PC into a router and share your Internet with other devices.
How to Share Your Internet in Windows Using Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
If you need to share your Internet, then today, there are two easy ways by which you can create connections and share your Internet with another PC or device.
By the way, you can also get quick help with any settings on your PC or get help on how to fix the Internet supported by the experts in online mode.
But let’s go back to how to share your Internet connection in Windows. Below you will find simple tips on how to create a connection and also consider useful apps that can also help you in this matter.
How to Share Internet From PC with the Help of Cable
If you need to share the Internet with another PC that does not have a Wi-Fi adapter, then you can do this using your Internet cable. You will need to create a network bridge. So, you need to do the following:
- Connect the Ethernet ports of both devices with a cable.
- On the computer from which you want to share the Internet, you need to open the “Control Panel” and go to the “Network and Sharing Center” section. There you need to click on “Change adapter settings”. Note the names in different versions of Windows may vary.
- After you open the window, you need to select two connections with the help of the Ctrl key. The first connection should be responsible for connecting your computer to the Internet. The second should be responsible for connecting the second computer to this one. Right-click on either of the two connections and select “Bridge Connections”.
After a few seconds, a new connection should appear. The status of the connection should be displayed next to the used connections. If everything goes well, the Internet will work on the second computer. Please note that this may not happen immediately, but after 10-15 minutes. So, there is a need to wait a little.
How to Share Internet Connection with the Help of Mobile Hotspot feature (Windows 10 only)
It is worth noting that not all devices support such a feature. Before enabling a Wi-Fi hotspot on Windows 10, you need to check the compatibility of your computer components.
To check if the computer supports Internet distribution, you need to do the following:
- Click the Command Prompt.
- Enter the netsh wlan show drivers
- In the list that appears, find the item Hosted network supported. It should say Yes to the right of it. This means that your computer supports Internet sharing.
- If it says No, then the guide that you will find next will not work, and sharing the Internet is impossible either.
So, how to share the Internet in this way? Below you will find a guide that will allow you to quickly share the Internet.
- Go to the “Mobile Hotspot” menu: select “Start” and select “Settings”. Next, you need to select the “Network and Internet” tab and go to the “Mobile Hotspot” section.
- In Internet Connection Sharing, you need to select the type of connection that connects the current computer to the Internet. This can be a Wi-Fi or Ethernet wireless connection.
- Click “Change,” and in the next window, specify the name and password for the new wireless network through which the computer will distribute the Internet.
- At the top of the page, enable the option that offers to make the connection available to other users.
After that, you can share the Internet through the created Wi-Fi network. It is enough to connect the necessary devices to it using a password, which must be created in the third step. And you can turn off the sharing mode of the Internet in the same place where the wireless connection is turned off. We are talking about the “Network” window on the taskbar.
Apps That Can Help to Share the Internet
You can also consider using software that will allow you to share your Internet and turn your device into a router. Today, it is possible to highlight two functional and convenient tools. They will allow you to easily organize the sharing mode. All you have to do is download the software and do some basic configuration.
This is a simple and understandable app with a lot of useful features. This tool for sharing the Internet via Wi-Fi is considered to be the top among analogs. Despite the fact that it has a paid version, the free one is enough for the task of sharing the Internet connection. What do you need to do? You need to download the software, create a connection name, enter a password and start using the connection. As an additional and useful feature, you will receive an ad blocker on the Internet.
This app has been a well-known tool for many years that helps to turn your laptop into a router. To get started, you need to perform the same steps as with the previous software. It is easy to use, and the quality of the Internet connection is always high when you use this app.
Use the above options if you need to share your Internet. The settings will take you no more than 5 minutes, and your Internet will become available to other users. No magic, it’s easy with the above tips.