The internet revolution has been in full force for the past few decades. From a few thousands or lacs of users, in the beginning, the total number of internet users across the world has reached a whopping 4.15 Billion (Approx.) or around 55% of the total world’s population. As per the recent social media survey, out of these 4.15 billion users, as much as 65-70% of the users are signed up on some of the other social media sites. Mostly it has been observed that if a person is active on some social media site, he definitely has an active account on at least one more social media site. This means not only are people on social media, but they are also highly active on multiple sites with multiple accounts.
What Does All This Mean for You
Now that we’ve seen how magnanimous the purview of social media is, you must have definitely understood why your business needs a social media exposure desperately. And not only mere exposure is sufficient, but you must have a well-crafted social media marketing strategy for your business marketing online. Your online marketing strategy must include active usage of multiple handles of your business across multiple social media sites, regular interaction with customers, quick response mechanism, etc.
But before executing all of this, you need to go step by step with understanding and to plan things out carefully. Let us first understand how social media marketing works.
Social Media Marketing and The Process
As you might’ve already deduced, social media marketing is basically promoting your business brand, products, services, etc. across different social media platforms or sites, to attract more and more customers online. So, for that, you need to start with creating your business profile pages on all the different social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. You must have as prominent and persuasive content as possible on your business page to achieve the obvious goal of maximum user visits. You can also take professional help for building a strong business profile page.
After building influential pages over social media, the next important step is to ensure regular upward growth in the number of followers, number of users interacting with your business pages, number of people showing a direct interest in your brand and products, etc. This will ensure that your social media marketing campaign is going in the right direction. And lastly, you also need to be actively responsive towards customer questions, complaints, queries, etc. and solve them as soon as possible to avoid negative impact.
The Golden Rules to Consider for Your Social Media Marketing Campaign Success
- Plan and Set a Target Audience: You are now familiar with how to get started on social media marketing. But the important part comes after that. You also need to ensure that you know who are your potential customers, i.e., what’s your target audience going to be like. This means that you need to know the characteristics of your target audience, for instance, their age, gender, spending ideology, etc.
- Posting Regularly to Stay Relevant and Keep Growing: As mentioned above, the main motive behind Social media marketing is to influence and increase more and more customers for your brand and product. But this is possible only if your business remains relevant amongst social media users. So, to ensure that your business isn’t side-lined, you must keep posting interesting and engaging posts about your brand, upcoming products, innovative ideas if any, etc. to keep up with your target audience.
- Creativity in Your Posts: You know that you have to post regularly, but what you must also know is that if you keep posting in a similar pattern or similar composition, the people are going to get disinterested and sooner or later they will be repelled. To avoid this from happening, you must use creativity in your posts. You can mix up your media usage. For instance, suppose you are promoting a new product launch, you can use an image form of advertisement in one post, and then you can also post a mind-blowing demo video of the same product. This means you are uploading multiple posts about the same product and are still creating excitement about it.
- Accessibility is the key: If you are familiar with SEO, you know that your website makes sense only if accessible on search engine results page. Same is the case with your business profile on social media. You have to make it as much access as you can to ensure survival and growth. For that, you can research the reachability aspect of different social media sites and optimize your business profile page accordingly for best results.
- Figure Your Way Out of Negative Scenarios: You know that hate speech and trolling is an increasing menace on social media, and it is getting the worst out of businesses as well. There are many instances of unfortunate negative publicity about different renowned brands online, due to some anonymous posts, trolls, etc. This can happen with your business as well. So, the key in such a situation is to keep calm, try to find some way out of it on your own first. If it gets ugly, then try consulting professional help or try the helpline of that particular social media site to take action on the particular defamatory post or trolls.
- Use Influential Personalities’ Endorsements: We all know the power of celebrity brand endorsements. And especially with the present scenario on social media where celebrities have a huge fan following, one successful endorsement can help you make a fortune out of online marketing.
- Customize Your Business Posts: One more important thing is that your audience is not going to be consisting of all similar characteristics, i.e., for different products and services, there will be different customers. So, you must also ensure that you pay attention to all these types of customers and for that, you need to customize your business posts accordingly.
Social media marketing is the next big thing after Search Engine Optimization in the landscape of digital marketing. This is because of the ever-increasing number of people using different social media sites on a regular basis and also because of the tremendous increase in the degree of influence exerted by social media on people’s lives today. So, it becomes extremely important for your business to have a prominent social media marketing campaign. For that, you need to create your business profile pages on multiple sites and keep posting regularly to draw maximum target audience.